Banana & Cocoa Overnight Oats
A healthy banana & cocoa overnight oats recipe; creamy, naturally sweet and full of fibre!
This quick and easy-to-make banana & cocoa overnight oats recipe is my go-to post-high-intensity workout meal. It has all the ingredients that help the body recover, build muscle, it has healthy fats, good carbs, protein and is loaded with superfoods. It is naturally sweetened with banana, desiccated coconut, sultanas and cinnamon. The creamy texture and the fibre will leave you satisfied for hours.
Regular oats or jumbo oats?
I’ve made this recipe with regular oats and jumbo oats and my conclusion is that both are delicious and the choice is yours. I personally prefer to make it with jumbo oats because it is heartier and chunkier, just the way I like it.
I love to make them directly in a glass jar, close it with an airtight lid and pop it in the fridge.
You may keep them in the fridge for up to four days.
1/4 smashed banana
1/3 cup jumbo or regular oats
150 ml or 2/3 cup milk of your preference; I use oat milk
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of cinnamon
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon of chia seed or flaxseed
1 heaping tablespoon Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon desiccated coconut
1 scoop of protein powder (optional)
1 tablespoon nut butter; I used homemade peanut butter
1/2 sliced banana
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar or container with a lid.
- Stir until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Cover and place in the fridge for at least four hours but best if you leave it overnight.
- The oats will absorb the liquid and become fluffy. The Greek yoghurt and the other ingredients will make the mix thick and creamy.
- The chia seed and flaxseed (best to add either one and not both) are filled with fibre.
- If the texture is too thick for your taste, add a little bit more of milk and stir.
- You may garnish it with the nut butter of your choice or sliced banana right before enjoying it.
Get a quick recipe to make peanut or almond butter at home here
I hope you like it as much as I do 😉
Enjoy and feel free to share the recipe 🙂
Find more Sweet recipes here