The Best Banana & Coconut Bread Recipe Ever
This Banana & Coconut Bread is a wonderful recipe!
Bread that smells delicious, is soft, has fibre and the perfect balance of banana and coconut taste!
It has the perfect texture, an uneven crust on the outside with golden coconut bits on top, and soft on the inside
With only half a cup of brown sugar per loaf, it isn’t too sweet and is versatile, as it can be enjoyed by itself of with your favourite jam. A healthy treat without refined ingredients such as flour or sugar, nor egg yolks or butter. On the contrary, it has whole wheat flour, chia seeds, fresh orange juice, egg whites, olive oil and brown sugar.
Since I discovered this recipe and slightly changed it to my taste, I’ve been making it for people I care about. I love to have a fresh loaf for house guests, or to say thank you, and of course when I have a craving for it.
You can eat it for breakfast or as a mid-afternoon snack. It’s also a great recovery snack after working out.
Serves: 1 loaf | Preparation time: 30 minutes | Baking time: ~1 hour
1 ¾ cup Whole wheat flour
1 tsp. Baking powder
1 ¼ tsp. Baking soda
3 Large ripe bananas mashed
½ cup Brown sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
3 Egg whites
½ tbsp. Olive oil
¼ cup Plain Greek yogurt
1 Orange (freshly squeezed juice)
2 tbsp. Non-dairy milk ( I use oat milk)
½ cup + 2 tbsp. Desiccated coconut or coconut flakes
2 tbsp. Chia seed
- Preheat the oven to 180℃ or 350℉
- Sift flour in a bowl three times and mix with baking soda, chia seed, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl mix mashed bananas, brown sugar, and vanilla.
- Add egg whites and mix together until smooth. Then add oil and mix again.
- Slowly add and mix dry ingredients into the bowl with the banana mix. Once everything is evenly mixed, add Greek yogurt, orange juice and milk.
- Add desiccated coconut and mix well.
- Pour into a greased loaf mould. Sprinkle 2 tbsp. of coconut on top and place in the oven. You may sprinkle desiccated coconut or coconut flakes on top, depending of your aesthetic and texture preference.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. It should be golden brown on the top and a knife should come out clean when inserted in the middle.
- Remove from the mould and leave to cool for twenty minutes before cutting.
I either keep it whole and cut it as I eat it, or I cut slices and wrap them individually in plastic film to keep it handy to take on-the-go. Enjoy!
I’d love to hear what you think of this recipe. Share it with your friends.
This recipe is inspired byAmbitious Kitchen
For a delicious and Christmassy version add:
2 tbsp of unsweetened cacao powder
3/4 tsp of cinnamon.
You might also be interested in other sweet recipes