Chicken & Red Bell Pepper Stir Fry
Chicken and red bell pepper are an epic combination. The sweetness of the cooked red bell pepper highlights the flavour of a browned chicken. You’ll love this chicken and red bell pepper stir fry recipe.
Fresh ingredients, step-by-step recipe, all in the same wok to keep the aromas of each ingredient, result in a delicious chicken and red bell pepper stir fry with natural juices and lots of flavour.
Do you like to cook in a wok? I love it, it’s quick and easy!
I like the shape because you can move it around without ingredients falling out, you can also use very high heat without damaging or burning the bottom, it allows to cook very fast, to add liquids and it leaves room for last minute creativity.
This chicken and red bell pepper stir fry recipe is quick and easy to prepare
I highly recommend using fresh ingredients because the outcome will be more flavourful and nutritious.
Preparation time: ~45' hour
4 Chicken fillets
3 Red bell peppers
4 Garlic cloves
2 Birds eye chilli
2 Kaffir lime leaves
3 Tbs. Soy sauce
2 Tsp. Coconut oil
Ground black pepper
- Rinse and peel red bell peppers. Remove seeds and cores. Cut in julienne (thin strips.)
- Peel shallots, cut off the ends and slice thinly.
- Peel garlic cloves, cut in half lengthwise, remove the germ and thinly slice.
- Rinse chillies and slice. Include the seeds for more spice and remove them if you want it mild.
- Place uncooked boneless, skinless chicken on cutting board. Using a sharp knife, slice the chicken crosswise across the grain into 1 cm strips.
- Place chicken in a bowl and add soy sauce.
- Add 1 tsp. coconut oil into a wok in high heat.
- Once the coconut oil has melted and the wok is hot add the chicken and brown on both sides. If all the pieces do not fit in the wok on one layer make two batches.
- Remove from the wok and reserve in a clean bowl.
- Add another tsp. of coconut oil to the wok, reduce heat to medium and add shallots. Sweat until transparent and then add garlic and chillies. Move and mix them with a spatula.
- Add red bell peppers and Kafir lime leaves. Move with spatula and when bell peppers are becoming soft, add chicken with its juices and mix well.
- Turn off the heat and cover for a five minutes.
- Serve in a bowl and top with a pinch of sesame seeds and some chopped coriander.
In case you don’t have a wok or prefer not to use one, a skillet is a great option.
This is a perfect dish to eat with chopsticks
This stir fry may be enjoyed on its own or with your favourite garnish. Cous cous, brown rice or your favourite asian noodles are great options. For a lighter version eat on top of a fresh and crunchy green salad.
Share your comments, the result of your wok experience and what garnish you decided to accompany it with in the comment section below.
You might also like to read other chicken recipes.