Homemade Chicken Burgers Recipe
Would you like to learn how to make your own lean and fragrant chicken burgers from scratch? They are easy to make, healthy and they taste delicious; especially grilled.
Use skinless chicken breast fillets, add herbs, spices, condiments and voilà!
These homemade chicken burgers have so much flavour that you don’t need fancy sides, just a green salad will do beautifully for a quick meal.
For a more elaborate
Pan fried chicken burgers will be fragrant and juicy while grilled chicken burgers will be fragrant with an added barbecue flavour that brings back memories of fun summer nights al fresco.
Utensils: Food processor, sharp knife and chopping board, 2 bowls, 1 silicon spatula, 1 pan or grill spatula, measuring utensils.
650 gr Skinless chicken breast fillets
1 Red onion finely chopped
1 Bird’s eye chilli finely chopped
1 tbsp. Dried tarragon
1 tbsp. Fresh coriander
1 tsp. Smoked hot paprika
½ tsp. Ground cumin
¼ cup Flaxseed
1 tsp. Brown sugar
1 Heaping spoon of Dijon mustard
Step 1 – Grinding the chicken breast fillets
- Remove any extra fat and cartilage from skinless chicken breast fillets.
- Cut chicken breast fillets in cubes.
- Use a food processor to grind the chicken cubes with ten to fifteen short pulses.
- Reserve in a bowl and keep cool in the fridge while you do step 2.
Step 2 – Make the aromatic mix
- Finely chop the red onion and the chilli.
- Add olive oil to a pan and sauté onion in med-low heat for a minute, add brown sugar and let caramelise for a couple of minutes and then add chilli. Season with salt and pepper, cook until soft and let cool.
- Place ground chicken fillets in a large bowl and incorporate the sautéed onions. Mix well.
- Add ground cumin, dried tarragon, chopped coriander and smoked hot paprika to the chicken and mix well.
- Add flaxseed and Dijon mustard. Mix well until the aromatic garnish is spread all over the chicken burger mix.
- Finally, add one egg and combine everything one final time. This will bind the burger mix.
- Divide the mix evenly and make burger patties with clean hands.
- Pan fry them with olive oil in medium heat or grill them in medium to high heat using peanut oil. Make sure they are well cooked and enjoy!
- You may keep the chicken mix in a sealed container in the fridge for a few days.
- They taste better when cooked right before serving.
I would love to hear what you think about this recipe in the comment section.
If you make this recipe tag me on Instagram @SolangeLavander and use the hashtag #SolangeLavanderBlog
Read other recipes with chicken